Tiger is a man of few words but when he does speak, we listen.
For a guy who loves to keep his private life to himself, he does share some awesome quotes from time to time.
Here are seven of the greatest Tiger Woods quotes to help you play better golf and dominate life.
Best Tiger Woods Quotes
1. “The days you don’t have it, you don’t mail it in, you don’t pack it in… you give it everything you’ve got. You grind it out.”
This quote applies to life and golf.
Not every day will be your “best” day, but that doesn’t mean you pack it in. Instead, you pick your head up and grind it out.
Build integrity with yourself and give it all you got – I bet the results will impress you!
2. “That next shot should be the most important shot of your life. It should be more important than breathing.”
I think every golfer should carry a notecard in their pocket with his TW quote. Because he’s 100% right!
After playing the game for 20+ years myself, I know that most golfers dwell on bad shots. Consequently, this affects the next shot (or shots) by not focusing on the shot at hand.
Instead, focus only on the next shot.
Don’t dwell on the past or get anxious thinking about the future. Give the current moment 100% focus and then do it again, again, and again.
3. “No matter how good you get, you can always get better and that’s the exciting part.”
Golf is one of the most exciting sports because there’s no real top of the mountain. Tiger got about as close as possible to “perfect golf” in his 2000-2001 streak but eventually, it had to end.
Whether you’re shooting in the 100s or the 70s now, this quote should make you excited to improve. Because no matter how good you are, you can always get a little bit better.
Improving could mean adding distance to your drives, shaping irons, or improving your short game. That’s the beauty of golf – you can never truly master this amazing sport.
4. “There’s no point in going to a tournament if you don’t believe you can win it.”
Belief in yourself is the first step towards achieving your goals on or off the golf course.
If you don’t think you can, you never will. Go into every opportunity in life thinking you can win and watch how your performance drastically improves.
5. “People don’t understand that when I was growing up, I was never the most talented and I was not the biggest. I was never the fastest. I certainly was never the strongest. The only thing I had was my work ethic and that’s what has gotten me this far.”
This is what makes Tiger’s amazing career even more impressive. He wasn’t born for greatness on the golf course, he worked hard to achieve it.
While it did help that his dad got him into the game early, Tiger’s work ethic took it to the next level. His incredible work wasn’t just on the golf course either, he completely transformed his body as well.
Early on in his career when golfers weren’t even considered athletes from other sports stars, Tiger redefined what it meant to be a golfer. He made working out a regular part of the routine and his increased distance led to breaking all kinds of scoring records.
6. “Never listen to other people’s expectations. You should live your life and live up to your own expectations.”
This is a great quote if it came from anyone, but the fact that it came from Tiger is even better.
Because this guy has had more expectations on him than any other golfer in the history of the sport. Yet, he was able to exceed expectations and leave a mark on the game that no one will ever match.
7. “Winning takes care of everything.”
Finally, never forget this quote when Tiger came back after facing some public scrutiny about his personal life. He was able to compartmentalize life outside golf and go on to win yet another event. Nike took this quote and used it for a ton of promotional materials as well.
Winning takes care of it all.
What’s your favorite Tiger quote?
Make sure to let us know in the comments below!
Written by Michael Leonard